Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Just a quick hello

northantsnick

Just want to say hello to the community

I was a member on here some years ago but due to various work and family committments my various hobbies waned into the background.

I now find I am able to spend more time getting back into my astronomical forays and am looking to invest very shortly in a new mount and some bits and bobs.

My old belt modded EQ6, although ok for visual work really isn't up to the task anymore (sadly) for any type of imaging and I have been seriously debating the expenditure of a CEM60 with pier tripod and i-polar, although now I see the CEM70 is due out soon possibly so not sure whether to hang on for new technology or stick with the tried and tested stuff.

I have noticed that FLO is out of stock of CEM60's and wondering if it's because of the impending CEM70

I am looking forward to pulling the old Equinox ED80 out of its flight case and getting those photons captured for some DSO work and then the C9.25 for some planetary stuff, which I know the grandkids will love to see

I am gradually reading nearly every post and topic and expanding my grey matter again... here comes a re-jig of the steep learning curve........Such Fun !

Nick

Edited by northantsnick

2 hours ago, northantsnick said:

Just want to say hello to the community

I was a member on here some years ago but due to various work and family committments my various hobbies waned into the background.

I now find I am able to spend more time getting back into my astronomical forays and am looking to invest very shortly in a new mount and some bits and bobs.

My old belt modded EQ6, although ok for visual work really isn't up to the task anymore (sadly) for any type of imaging and I have been seriously debating the expenditure of a CEM60 with pier tripod and i-polar, although now I see the CEM70 is due out soon possibly so not sure whether to hang on for new technology or stick with the tried and tested stuff.

I have noticed that FLO is out of stock of CEM60's and wondering if it's because of the impending CEM70

I am looking forward to pulling the old Equinox ED80 out of its flight case and getting those photons captured for some DSO work and then the C9.25 for some planetary stuff, which I know the grandkids will love to see

I am gradually reading nearly every post and topic and expanding my grey matter again... here comes a re-jig of the steep learning curve........Such Fun !

Nick

Welcome back

I feel the pain of relearning, I've not done much for about 3 years, and dusted putting things back together - amazing how much I have forgotten (everything)