NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello all

Louise

Evening all,

Im Louise from Portsmouth UK

Recently got interested in the sky and so far really enjoying it.

Brought a Seben 1200-90 (Some scope from Ebay)

Fairly impressed - Seen Jupiters moons (Even tho they are pin points) But I was pretty chuffed.

Looking forward to learning some more and to improve on scopes to look further afield.

Louise

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the SGL forum Louise. I hope you enjoy being here, and if we can help in any way to improve you astronomy, just ask.

I hope you get some great sights in your new telescope. There's lots to see up there.

Ron. :(

Welcome on board!!

You'll find we have the answer for everything ( 42, right?!)

You're doing better than I; my first telescope was a 2" spectacle lens in a cardboard tube with a 1/2" magnifying glass as an eyepiece!! Some fantastic "first views"; Alcor and Mizar come to mind.

Sometimes I wish I had just stayed with it!!! Would have saved me $$$$$$ as I built bigger and bigger telescopes!!

Welcome to the forum Louise.

Sounds like your first views in the Seben have you hooked, which is good stuff. And Saturn will be around very soon, sadly without it's rings though. Still worth a look.

Enjoy the forum.

Russ

Hi Louise, yes I'm also a biker, currently enjoying an R1.

I can't believe I guessed the location! What's incredible is I in fact live in Hull and have only been to that car park once in my life, in may this year.

Is the bike put away for winter? Mine is. Can't wait for spring.

Hope you are well.

Dan

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened.

Cheers for the welcome guys

Dan, No its not - I Live a 2 mins walk from work which is somewhat a pain as I dont need to ride.

But a few times a week I will ride it there.

Ive been there since end of March time - You must of met me :(

I'm trying to remember my visit, but so far, all I can rememeber is an older guy who rode a yellow streetfighter with exquisetly ragged tyres.

It may have been your day off, either that or I was so pre-occupied with finding a new set of leathers that my peripheral vision wasn't working. It's been known.

If I'm ever in Portsmouth again, I'll be sure to drop in.

Your colour vison ok :( I think your on about the Red bike with ragged tyres.

Yes my old boss - Who got sacked. Spoke a pile of rubbish too I hear.

Next time your down do say hello - and mention this site.

So far all my workers think I am a geek in watching the stars - So I need backing up :thumbright:

Archived