Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Peak Star Party Spring 2020

On 30/01/2020 at 16:12, wookie1965 said:

Yes on the back field and also said there will be EHU if there was more of us they said they would throw cables over the hedge.

When they replied to my booking enquiry, I was only offered a £24 p.n electric pitch...

Out all afternoon. Will pay deposit when we get home.

31 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

When they replied to my booking enquiry, I was only offered a £24 p.n electric pitch...

Out all afternoon. Will pay deposit when we get home.

That's what I'm paying booked 2 nights if weather looks good I will pay for the third but make sure they know its if it is only you and a tent I think that is cheaper but don't quote me. Myself and my wife are coming so it's £24 a night which to be fair is not a bad price. 

Paul 

52 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

That's what I'm paying booked 2 nights if weather looks good I will pay for the third but make sure they know its if it is only you and a tent I think that is cheaper but don't quote me. Myself and my wife are coming so it's £24 a night which to be fair is not a bad price. 

Paul 

Deposit paid. 👍

Peter.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, happened across this thread yesterday and it looks brilliant. Haven’t been to a star party yet and this looks like the perfect one start with. So count me in and I’ll drop them an email to book. 

Will be great to meet you all. I might have a couple of questions for you seasoned pros before packing if that’s OK. 

Jeremy

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sky-J said:

Hi everyone, happened across this thread yesterday and it looks brilliant. Haven’t been to a star party yet and this looks like the perfect one start with. So count me in and I’ll drop them an email to book. 

Will be great to meet you all. I might have a couple of questions for you seasoned pros before packing if that’s OK. 

Jeremy

It will be great to meet you and if we can help we will we are a friendly bunch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sky-J said:

I've sent my deposit over and had my booking confirmed for all 3 nights. 

Really looking forward to it and meeting you guys too. 

Got to check the tent's up to the job now...

I will probably have to leave the Sunday if I cannot rearrange an appointment hoping to but its a hospital appointment so not sure. 

2 hours ago, wookie1965 said:

Think we have 5 confirmed bookings at the camp now if can people book using the camps email please, it is a working farm and do not want to miss any phone calls. 

Let's get it to at least 10 tents. The location is reasonably central and having the camp to ourselves is a nice bonus.

Having never camped with leccy before I'm quite excited!

• Like 2

I have paid the deposit today and received confirmation back from the campsite :)

Took my new scope outside last night for the first proper session. Learnt lots and accepted there is still lots to learn.

Looks like clear skies tonight for Lesson 2.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pcdunx said:

I have paid the deposit today and received confirmation back from the campsite :)

Took my new scope outside last night for the first proper session. Learnt lots and accepted there is still lots to learn.

Looks like clear skies tonight for Lesson 2.....

There will be enough expertise on hand for advice I imagine, so you should learn plenty more on this weekend. Let's hope Mother Nature is kind to us!

• Like 1

Just a heads up people if you are using EHU you will need something similar or the same in the pictures below I prefer a trip one. 

March could be cold so take this into consideration, plenty of layers a fan heater you can pick them up for £10 safest thing in a tent. 

Warm bedding nothing worse than being cold trying to sleep been there done that. 

Plenty to eat with extra snacks and such like. 

Pot noodles are good because it's a good warm meal. 

Extra gas for camping stove nothing worse when cooking something and you run out of gas. 

Just a few tips for camping in the cold no saying its going to be like that but it's best to be prepared. 

Paul 

s829356529338669605_p2655_i6_w640.png

go_329340_a.jpeg

Edited by wookie1965
  • Like 4

On 06/02/2020 at 21:12, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

There will be enough expertise on hand for advice I imagine, so you should learn plenty more on this weekend. Let's hope Mother Nature is kind to us!

Many thanks for being so welcoming, it is most appreciated and it's quite novel to find a hobby where 'newbies' aren't shunned.

Fingers crossed for the weather !

• Like 5

I may have a wonder over to this :) be one of my first meets. 

Got a skywatcher 150pds with a few mods on a modded EQ5 mount. Be nice to see folk and get some advice, every days a learning day especially with this stuff! 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Thor92 said:

I may have a wonder over to this :) be one of my first meets. 

Got a skywatcher 150pds with a few mods on a modded EQ5 mount. Be nice to see folk and get some advice, every days a learning day especially with this stuff! 

You will be very welcome.