Baader OIII 2" 8.5nm: 70x600"
Baader SII 2" 7nm: 70x600"
Data source: Own remote observatory
Remote source: e-EyE Extremadura
Post procesing Ola Skarpen\Ole Alexander Ødegård
Februar 2018

Nynov2019.1-sharpen-sharpen.png

• Like 29

Yes, it is a very nice palette Ola! I am a great fan of your NB palettes.

This may provoke some: I like it when green is kept out of NB images - no real need for it to be there, unless you really want to be "scientific" and keep the signals from the three filters as much apart as possible. We do not need to imitate HST, in that contest we will always loose, but by chosing palettes like Ola we can win aesthetically. And one could argue we also wim scientifically since both Sii and Ha are red in the real world😉

Edited by gorann
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, gorann said:

This may provoke some: I like it when green is kept out of NB images - no real need for it to be there, unless you really want to be "scientific" and keep the signals from the three filters as much apart as possible. We do not need to imitate HST, in that contest we will always loose, but by chosing palettes like Ola we can win aesthetically. And one could argue we also wim scientifically since both Sii and Ha are red in the real world😉

As a natural colour imager constantly fighting green noise I, too, really struggle with it. Planetary nabulae can be green but really it just doesn't usually belong in the sky for me.

Olly

• Like 1

On 27/11/2019 at 22:18, gorann said:

Thank you Gørann.

I very much agree with what you say. I like this type of palette. But you've probably got that😉