NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

International Astronomy Show Nov 16th

Montana

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone was going to IAS 2019? If anyone here is, I am planning to meet for a Solarchat at 12pm on the Saturday. I thought we could meet outside the cafe and then have a lunch together and chat all things solar. It would be nice to meet everyone and makes the day a bit more special. All warmly welcome, I hope someone comes.

Kind regards

Alexandra

• Like 4

That's a pity Charl, it would have been nice to meet you.

Thanks Alan, I will definitely be passing by the FLO stand as I have lots of shopping to do so I might spot you.  If you want to chat pure solar please do come for lunch :)

Alexandra

Never manage to get to the IAS now it clashes with SGL Star Party, have to put my wife into respite care and she'd object to being put in twice in quick succession :D

Dave

Edited by Davey-T

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Alexandra ,

I'm not sure I'll be able to contribute much to the chat as I've pretty much forgotten where my 'scopes are buried let alone how all the bits go together , but I shall be wandering around on the Saturday and would love to meet up and catch up again ... :smiley:

• Like 1

It will be great to see you again Steve :) 

Helen, can't you come both days :)  :) 

Ade, it will be great to meet you too if you can make it  :) 

I think I might carry a sign with Solarchat on it so I am more conspicuous 

Alexandra

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AdeKing said:

Would be nice to catch up if you're going on Saturday Dave. We won't be getting there until about lunchtime. 

It's a bit of a trot from here so wouldn't be there 'till lunchtime either.

Dave

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Davey-T said:

It's a bit of a trot from here so wouldn't be there 'till lunchtime either.

Dave

Well I'll keep an eye out for you Dave, that's if I can stop drooling over the new AZ100 on the FLO stand. 

On 31/10/2019 at 21:55, Steve Ward said:

Hello Alexandra ,

I'm not sure I'll be able to contribute much to the chat as I've pretty much forgotten where my 'scopes are buried let alone how all the bits go together , but I shall be wandering around on the Saturday and would love to meet up and catch up again ... :smiley:

There's a bit of a blast from the past :)

Nice to know you're still here and reading Steve, even if you're not posting very much.  I hope life is treating you well.  I've often wondered what happened to your enormous "solar pier".

James

11 hours ago, JamesF said:

There's a bit of a blast from the past :)

Nice to know you're still here and reading Steve, even if you're not posting very much.  I hope life is treating you well.  I've often wondered what happened to your enormous "solar pier".

James

Hi James ,

All well here thanks , not been posting much as there's nowt to be seen in "whitelight" ... :rolleyes:

Was looking forward to a session tomorrow with Mercury but the weather has scuppered that idea .

The pier is still standing awaiting the "awakening" but that might be some way off , in the meantime it's getting gradually nibbled away by the wasps for their nesting needs so it's not being wasted entirely ... 🤣

Regards , 

Steve.

43 minutes ago, Steve Ward said:

All well here thanks , not been posting much as there's nowt to be seen in "whitelight" ... :rolleyes:

Was looking forward to a session tomorrow with Mercury but the weather has scuppered that idea .

White light hasn't been at all inspiring for some time, it has to be said.  Although I've had the observatory in use for a few months now, I've not even bothered to mount up my white light kit.

I have no idea if I'll get a chance at the transit tomorrow or not at the moment.  The weather is so random.  We have blue sky and sunshine at the moment, but pretty much eight hours of solid rain forecast from 10pm this evening followed by a few hours of broken cloud and then more rain from 11am until sunset.  By tomorrow morning however, that could all have changed...

James

• Like 1