Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rubber O ring on finderscope

OK here you go. Measured an O ring from a 6x30 and this is the closest I could find

https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/p80025/BS025-1.78mm-Section-29.87mm-Bore-NITRILE-70-Rubber-O-Rings/product_info.html?backstep=1

Brand / Quality: Simply NBR O-Ring - High Quality
Cross Section: 1.78mm
Inside Diameter: 29.87mm
Outside Diameter: 33.43mm

033E00CE-A8A3-440A-835F-6B891CF59514.jpeg

Edited by johninderby

A simpler fix is to use regular electrician’s black tape, experiment to find out how many layers to fill the gap between finder and its mount.   Any basic DIY shop will have suitable tape.  Or sellotape would work too.....

Ed.

14 minutes ago, NGC 1502 said:

A simpler fix is to use regular electrician’s black tape, experiment to find out how many layers to fill the gap between finder and its mount.   Any basic DIY shop will have suitable tape.  Or sellotape would work too.....

Ed.

Also, DIY shops should have stock 'O' rings of various diameters. I purchased a few, a few years ago from the local hardware shop in Locks Heath* shopping centre.

* Centre Way, Locks Heath, near Fareham, Hampshire, SO31 6DX.

11 minutes ago, Gottzi said:

It's amazing, we all have a science related hobby held together with tape and rubber bands 😂

You have to sometimes "think out of the box" as every penny counts in this hobby to make things work. You could also try B&Q for some rubber o rings in their plumbing section worth a try..

22 hours ago, Gottzi said:

It's amazing, we all have a science related hobby held together with tape and rubber bands 😂

18 hours ago, NGC 1502 said:

Yep, low tech / science, fabulous combination 👍

Cheers, Ed.

My 're-mdded' ETX105 and 8" dovetail bar are held together by two Jubilee/hose rings...

PIC021.JPG.317e3ab5bc2a32848d576782c9caf3ab.JPG

Edited by Philip R
  • Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 20:07, fozzybear said:

You have to sometimes "think out of the box" as every penny counts in this hobby to make things work. You could also try B&Q for some rubber o rings in their plumbing section worth a try..

If you are desperate, and there are any long-haired folk in your family, then a hair band works great too (the type without the metal crimp on it 😉👌

I have used rubber bands to replace the ring as well and it worked.

Am about to use rubber bands to stop my dew shield from retracting on my WOZS71 which is a  pain as it often slides back complete with dew heaters which are then in the wrong place (bad design) I see later models have a screw/bolt in the dew gap to stop this happening.

Carike