Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M13 - 5 hours from summer

kirkster501

An astonishing sight M13 when it is imaged this well. Globulars are  strange concentrations of older stars allegedly.
They aren't as compact  in reality I believe, possibly as close as one light year in many instances.
  But any being residing on a planet amidst all those stars 
would have a complaint about Night pollution I would guess. 🙂
Anyway, my rambling aside, that is one splendid capture. Well done. 
Ron.

• Like 3

This was the last picture I did with the Baader LRGB filters.  I have Astrodons in that rig now.  I think I would have got more colour with the Astrodons.  I love this object.

So sad we never get to see Omega Centauri from these shores.  I hope one day I get chance to image that.  I have seen it with my eyes but never imaged it.

I am going to start to put my LRGB masters on my website for all my images so if anyone wants to play around with the data themselves they are welcome to.  I am an engineer, not an artist, so others will fare better with the data than I ever will.

An excellent image.  I love that there are clearly defined stars even right in the core.  PNs and globs are some of my favourite DSOs, but I notice you've even picked up the odd galaxy or two as well.

James

9 hours ago, Sunshine said:

WOW, that is just breathtaking, i could get lost looking into M13, imagine if a regular 100mm frac could show M13 like this, there would be no shortage of amateur astronomers.

It can look pretty good with a large SCT and a Nagler 12mm EP on a good night.  Not far off the image.

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind comments.  M13 is a favourite of mine.  The data set was very good and I only had to throw out two or three subs.  

The 1x1 RGB was great before the addition of the L.  I am still struggling for colour in this a little bit and will have another look.

• Like 1