Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Informal Exmoor Starparty anyone?!

Hello fellow stargazers,

I live in Bristol suburbia and the astro-limitations of my light polluted garden have been turning my thoughts to the seldom-experienced joys of dark skies, open spaces and life under canvas!

As the Sonoran desert in Arizona is too far away for a 2 night excursion, I've been pondering a weekend camping at Wimbleball Lake Campsite in Exmoor which I hear is amateur astronomer friendly, not too far from the M5 and most importantly, DARK lol

Please let me know if you might be interested in an informal gathering at relatively short notice this Autumn - perhaps we could propose 3 or 4 consecutive candidate weekends and decide based on Clear Outside a few days beforehand? I would of course speak to Wimbleball in advance for advice.

All the best,

Rob

Wimbleball Lake Campsite.jpg

1 minute ago, Trikeflyer said:

Depending on actual dates I am definitely interested.

Steve 

Hi Steve

Good stuff! I will be away on honeymoon from 19th September until 14th October so let me have a look at the moon phases for the weekends before and after that...!

Cheers,

Rob

1 hour ago, reddoss said:

The new moon in October is on Monday 28th, so the weekend of 25th would be ideal. I would be interested in going as well. Does the campsite have electrical pitches?

I looked on website and yes they have

On 06/08/2019 at 14:40, robbymain said:

The weekend of 25 Oct works for me except that the SGL event at Lucksall in Herefordshire is the following weekend and I'm already signed up to that =P

Same here, though I think I might have just been granted a green card to attend both. 

😃

3 hours ago, Steve Clay said:

I can do weekend 25 oct. Would have to spend day of 26th with young grandson in Taunton as it's his bday but back up for evening.  We would be travelling from Cornwall.

Steve

It is the best date for sure. I can’t make that date as I am away in Turkey - it’s my daughters half term and we decided to go away. Enjoy it guys. Clear skies.

Steve 

• 2 weeks later...