NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Why the Sun is boring now

Hadn't seen his channel before. Very well explained and good summary of the report. I know the theory being presented hasn't been proved yet, I'd still be interested to know what it predicts for the next solar cycle.

Edited by Buzzard75

Very interesting... but playing with planetary positions to given dates, only the 2014 Solar maximum coincides to the theory.. and even than it's January 2014 not April 2014, when the Solar Max was at peak.... the previous Solar Max dates are way off from a Venus, Earth and Jupiter alignment...

Site I used for the position simulation is https://theskylive.com/3dsolarsystem?obj=&h=11&m=15&date=2014-01-11

• Like 1

Was nice and clear this moring. The new setup almost worked. With the focal reducer couldn’t quite achive focus. New short nosepiece ordered that should sort it out. At least the new camera worked and the full sun’s disc fitted in the Fov and the motorised focuser worked nicely. 👍🏻

Out of focus image.

DF405ACB-EDCF-4136-8449-CA3FF7AA1A6A.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 2

Interesting to see 2 reports from Monday of good conditions. I got home from work on Tuesday and had a brief chance to set up, this would have been around 6pm. The view was quite good.

In particular I saw a lot of faculae around a small spot, the first spot I've seen in a long time.

This was only 5 minutes at the eyepiece with the ST120 and wedge at 75x to 150x.

Hi there!

Nice hypothesis. Who knows if it is connected, waiting for confirmation. It could though be some resonance inside the sun. 

https://www.space.com/planets-affect-solar-cycle.html

"What we see is complete parallelism with the planets over the course of 90 cycles.". That's a bit long time IMO, around 1000 years. 

Edited by viewer