Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bit of a misleading headline

Davey-T

Perhaps Wales is nearer to Jupiter than England?
That would explain why I need a telescope to see the stripes!

Unless of course Jupiter is now very close to the earth.
A bit like the newspapers talking about Mars getting really near every few years and being full moon size. I always seem to miss that!
Perhaps it is the turn of Jupiter this year?

David

1 hour ago, Gina said:

Jupiter is visible with the naked eye but only as a white dot!

More of a cream blob I would add. Lol

"Jupiter visible without telescope"

Not from my garden (a bit low).

I must say I am disappointed with 'science' journalism. So many people have excitedly told me that Jupiter is so super close you can even see its moons with binoculars. "Just like every year" I tell them.

3 hours ago, Demonperformer said:

We're certainly not going to see it like the picture suggests without a telescope!

For me to be able to see it like the picture, i would need a free ride from NASA!

On 13/06/2019 at 14:48, LukeSkywatcher said:

I interjected and pointed out the fact that you can always see the moons with bins.

I hate being put in that situation by irresponsible journalists. People take what they read on face value, show a bit of enthusiasm, and are left feeling foolish through no fault of their own because I gently as possible try to set the record straight.

Archived