Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Large mass found on Moon

Stu

I went to see 2001 A Space Odyssey with Miss Ely at what was then the  Cambridge  College of Arts and Technology while doing my A levels .

At about the same time the young Jupiter was rampaging through the inner solar system. I know an exaggeration but not by much.

Regards Andrew 

Edited by andrew s
  • Haha 1

Does anyone else think "mine"* when they read this? I just hope that if it *is* a metal deposit it's too deep and too diffuse to be exploited.

*"I mine in my mine, and what's mine is mine"

• Like 1

On 12/06/2019 at 08:52, johninderby said:

I think no more mention of 2001 is needed now that the mass on the moon connection has been explained.

394F15F6-0DED-4DD8-9F7D-3ED6BC37B335.jpeg

My apologies for being uppity. It wasn't so much about simple thread diversion, just turning something from science into science fiction immediately! I think all is good now 😜😜

Regardless of not being able to mine, just that more of a reason to "GO BACK!"!

There is so much we're still guessing about. The idea of such a large heavy mass sinking to the core is amazing. Would have to have been quite hot and soft still. Then to be so cold now.

But billions of years it a long time.

• Like 1