NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Took my Celestron AVX Mount out this afternoon to familiarize my self with it in the daylight. Wasn’t sure if or how it would work, since it’s my first goto Mount. I got it setup per the directions and attached the SkySync GPS. It locked on my location very quickly so I did the Quick Align option just as a test. The polar scope was oriented north, and I used Sky Safari to locate stars I couldn’t see cause it was daytime. My first choice was Sirius and it slewed  right around to what should be the general vicinity! I then chose Venus in the West and off it went! I hit home and it went back to the original setup position. I can’t wait to take it out tomorrow night and really put it through it’s paces! This is totally most excellent!

• Like 6

That’s awesome, remember that if your mount has a polar scope you can greatly assist it’s accuracy  by visually finding Polaris then leveling and adjusting your mount so Polaris is centered in the crosshairs of your polar scope.

This will assure good accuracy, centering Polaris on the crosshairs is good enough for visual observing, later if you want to get into AP, you’ll want an app which shows exactly where to put Polaris off center from crosshairs for hyper accuracy as Polaris actually spins in a little circle as the hours pass.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Like 1