Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Glen at Lyra

7 minutes ago, nodsasgoodasawink said:

Glen at Lyra made Carton 80mm f15 scopes. I bought one and the viewing was excellent. Is he still doing business?

I believe he has retired now.

Yes, I retired in 2016. I don't build any longer, but always tempted. I always check to see if one of the scopes I built is for sale. Not found one yet.  I loved those Carton objectives. 

It is also good that I'm back on SGL.

Thank you for all the kind words.

Glen.

8 hours ago, GlenM said:

Yes, I retired in 2016. I don't build any longer, but always tempted. I always check to see if one of the scopes I built is for sale. Not found one yet.  I loved those Carton objectives. 

Glen.

Glen, glad to see your still about, hope you and your family are well, enjoy your retirement 

9 hours ago, nightfisher said:

Glen, glad to see your still about, hope you and your family are well, enjoy your retirement 

Hi Jules,

apart from a heart attack and a quintuple bypass, not bad? I did creep onto the darkside for a while trying out AP. I missed visual so have gone back to it. I went through Queensbury a while ago and I was surprised it was raining in fact it was lashing it down. Did you buy some new gear?

Clear Skies,

Glen.

5 minutes ago, GlenM said:

Hi John,

Just wish I still had the Cartons I sold off, big mistake. It went to a good home though.

Glen.

Hi Glen

Yes I bet you wish you had kept one or two of the Carton objectives for futire projects. In hindsight and all that.

John

21 hours ago, GlenM said:

Glen.

Hi Glen,

I just retired too ?

All the best

On 26/04/2019 at 21:16, fireballxl5 said:

I once went on a visit to collect one scope from Glen, but left with two scopes lol

He was a crafty salesman lol

PS, they were an 152mm F5.9 with a bonus Calton 80mm F15 - both great scopes?

Hmmmmm

I went to buy an eyepiece and came away with a scope ?

Looks like a trend ?

Archived