NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Phoenix, AZ

tannenba

Hello, my name is Joe and I own an ETX70EC and a LX90 Classic. Am still a newbie mostly, due to the sky pollution we have. If I didn't own a computerized scope I would not see much and it's too light to learn sky hopping. I would love to get into imaging, but can't presently afford the stuff to do it with.

Joe

Hello Joe! i live south of Phoenix, south of Maricopa. Drop me a PM and maybe we can get together. :hello2:

Light pollution in Phoenix is disgraceful, given the laws in place, (unenforced), and the complaints from every observatory in the state, (quite literally). My entire northern horizon, fully 120 degrees, is awash in the Phoenix light dome.

Don't get me started.

Welcome anyway, Joe!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all! Yeah, the light is bad. Where I moved 10 yrs ago was pristine, then there is a prison

2 mi away and they light the sky, then in moved developers. I am getting a divorce and hope to

move to the Dewey area or so. Here it is still clear on the rim.

Joe

Archived