NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M44 - Beehive Cluster - Disappointment

RolandKol

So after flocking my 130PDS and after a prolonged collimation battle of the secondary, adjusting DIY autofocuser, balancing piggyback cannon, adjusting OAG and etc

The season started to end.
My De-focused star test looked more or less OK, so I decided to find a larger star field to test the field flatness of my Mono setup... 7 Sisters and the Milky Way were hiding in the trees and etc, 

So I simply chose M44 as it was not Far Away from the Meridian and would not hide soon... 

Expected a bit more stars from a total 3 hour LRGB integration :) not like "Omega Centauri", but anyway :)

Disappointed...

Someday, maybe I will try to pre-stretch the smaller stars using the star mask...

And yes, It looks like I still have some spacing problems... + 1mm probably will help to flatten it a bit more :)

It never ends! :)

M44 - Beehive Cluster

I like the image.

Checking out "reference" images on internet - that is pretty much it. Maybe you got framing slightly "wrong" (if there is such thing) - there is a part of cluster "above" and "to the left" that is not shown in your image - but I figured that out only by comparison to "reference" images - I could not tell that just by looking at the image - composition is nice as is.

Thanks for support and compliments.

My main disappointment, - was the lack of stars in a Globular Cluster, never imaged them before! :) and the image looks... poor... empty...

Probably I simply saw too many images of the Omega Centauri :)

I did my best to get from it something :)
I am glad at least you guys like it.

1mm spacer to add and one more Cluster to image to check the spacing :) and it looks like there are No SE or South star-rich areas at the moment :)

Like always :)

1 hour ago, RolandKol said:

Thanks for support and compliments.

My main disappointment, - was the lack of stars in a Globular Cluster, never imaged them before! :) and the image looks... poor... empty...

Probably I simply saw too many images of the Omega Centauri :)

I did my best to get from it something :)
I am glad at least you guys like it.

1mm spacer to add and one more Cluster to image to check the spacing :) and it looks like there are No SE or South star-rich areas at the moment :)

Like always :)

But the Beehive is an open clusters, not a globular.

You sound like me , as someone has already said ," your own worse critic." ..  however . It really is a nice shot ..  

and like most of these things we can always go back to it at a later date and gather some more data that you can process with and without the data you already have . 

Anyway nice image .. ?

Archived