Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Heyyy its me again! Today me and my friend went out to observe! We spotted the moon and focused on it,took some okay pictures with my phone without an adapter( that means having to hold up my phone over the eyepiece 's tiny  hole). Then we tried moving towards mars, relatively close to the moon. It wanst a dot but like a small circle with some colour, afterwards we moved towards stars,but instead of seeing these circles with the secondary s reflection in the middle, we saw small circles (like mars but smaller) they were green blue and red coloured i didn't think much of it but then i checked the mirror. And i saw some dust.... Pics bellow.Is it the mirror or is this normal? Also if its the mirror, how do i clean it without removing it, i have a celestron firstscope btw. 

Thanks.

IMG_20190113_202334.jpg

IMG_20190113_190302.jpg

IMG_20190113_190009.jpg

From what I can see thats a perfectly normal amount of dust - just leave it, it wont affect your viewing and you could damage your mirrors finish trying to clean it.

Some telescopes have giant holes in the middle, and it doesnt affect the viewing so a few specks of dust will be fine ;)

Kronos831, I'd get your scope out again, point it at a star and use the focusing knob/wheel to bring the star to a pin point of light.

I think because you focused on the moon you may of thought you didn't need to refocusing again for stars.

Always check the focus when moving from target to target and especially when changing eye piece.

Let us know how you get on.

Archived