Andrew*

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, okay... I give in:

Beautiful blue velvet drawstring bag.

10104_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Fantastically crafted walnut case with metal insert.

10106_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

And the four best eyepieces and barlow in the world.

10105_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Well done, Steve! :D

AndyH, this may surprise you, but the other half was behind me all the way for this lot :help: Hell, the cash even came from her bank account in Euros. She was born in East Germany, not far from Jena, where the original Zeiss factory was.

Andrew

You do realise, you cannot go to another starparty ever again????????

You'll have so many new friends.......... :wave:

Wahahahaha............enjoy, you lucky sod...... Fecking heirlooms those b*ggers will end up being. :thumbright:

Either that, or your wee yin will be going to a good uni in years to come.

All the best.

I am so jealous.

Andy.

Ooh, Ooh! Do I get a prize :mrgreen:

Erm... I've got a Baader Collimator that's run out of batteries. :scratch: Oh, and 6 other SW eyepieces you could have :laugh:

Steve,

I believe Andrew said something about the winner getting there choice of EP from the box. That's right Andrew yeah?

:D Well, to look through, maybe! But he can come over here for that....

Does she have any sisters? :scratch:

:help: she loved that!

Wahahahaha............enjoy, you lucky sod...... Fecking heirlooms those b*ggers will end up being. :thumbright:

Either that, or your wee yin will be going to a good uni in years to come.

It's possible these eyepieces will fund that....

You see, this was made possible because of the very fact that if/when I need the cash, I will be able to sell these beauties at least at the price I paid for them, if not double/triple. It's better than keeping the cash in a bank!!... Plus I get to use the best eyepieces in the world in the meantime, even if it isn't on a day-to-day night-to-night basis.

Then again, now that I've seen them and held them (let alone look through them) I don't think I'll ever want to sell them! It'll be brown paper bag in the middle of the road before these leave me! :lol:

Andrew

How many of us are going to say to our wives.

"Just look what Andrews very caring wife has bought him, at great expense. Isn't he a very lucky chap".

Hoping against hope that ours will respond likewise. I know for a fact I would be

wasting my time. :crybaby:

Ron.

As in law, Andrew's good lady has set a precedent.

I shall go to Paisley sheriff court and ask that my lovely gal, permit me to buy a Tak TOA-150 on an EM-400 mount.

Wish me luck..............or at least, what type of wood for the casket??????

:D Andy.

As in law, Andrew's good lady has set a precedent.

I shall go to Paisley sheriff court and ask that my lovely gal, permit me to buy a Tak TOA-150 on an EM-400 mount.

Wish me luck..............or at least, what type of wood for the casket??????

:help: Andy.

As i have met your missus Andy, i would go for an oak casket mate..... :D

Good morning, Russ! :help: A bit of editing never harmed anyone!

No, the 8.5-12mm SW has also arrived, from Canada. Quite an extraordinary difference between them! Double the number of elements, double the AFOV, at least 10x the size, but a tenth the cost.

I have actually peeked through them. Not in a scope of course - it's been solidly raining as you would expect... They have a much larger TFOV than my other ortho (5mm TH) and are a pleasure to put your eye to. Of course I tried my best not to blink!!

But no, I will pay dearest Eli back for them... maybe :D

Andrew

Very, very nice Andrew :D

Did the eyepieces come with end caps ? (I notice the barlow has one but then the element there would be very near the end of the barrel).

What is the spec of the eyepieces, FoV, # of elements etc ?.

They remind me of a set of TMB Monos that a mate of mine got when they 1st came out, wooden box and all.

Are you actually going to use them ??

Congratulations again :help:

John

What is the spec of the eyepieces, FoV, # of elements etc ?.

I've found the answer to that one myself:

- 4 elements in 2 groups optical design.

- Well corrected on-axis to f/4.

- All air-to-glass surfaces are coated with the ultimate Zeiss high-efficiency multicoatings.

- Flat and distortion free 43° apparent field of view.

John

Are you actually going to use them ??

Yes, but not on a daily/nightly basis. I don't want to risk any damage at all coming to them. But they will never be left forgotten!

Did the eyepieces come with end caps ? (I notice the barlow has one but then the element there would be very near the end of the barrel).

Yes, all eyepieces have eye- and field- lens caps. Admittedly this is where the beautiful finish breaks down a bit. The caps are just bog-standard black plastic caps, and not even to the standard of the Hyperion caps. :? Still, they're only end caps! :D

- Flat and distortion free 43° apparent field of view.

I'm a bit surprised at the 43° claim to be honest - the FOV more resembles a plossl's FOV.

Oh, I'll get a shot of the coatings at the next possible opportunity - they are quite beautiful!

Thanks for all the wonderful comments! :help:

Andrew

Ah thank goodness for that. Thought I was a bit of a weirdo :D

Just picked up my new scope this morn :help: ...............and it smells nice. Just like my Intes-Micro M500 Mak-Cass used to........Mmmmmmm.........

Andy

Archived