Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What's in the box?

Andrew*

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beamer, they are 1500 € for the eyepieces, and 300€ for the barlow

They are from a single, very limited (i.e. less than 50 sets, I believe) production run. I think Zeiss have released these to prove they still produce the world's best optics. I think they are leaving the astro market altogether after this though :D

Andrew

At just a whisker under £1400 you could buy a half decent camera for that .... :laugh:

What, just a camera?!? Are you mad? :D:help:

You certainly won't want to go dropping one of those in the Kielder mud ! :lol:

I still shudder at the thought, let alone the sight of that poor field lens! :shock: (at Kielder I witnessed a 31mm Nagler that had been dropped in the mud - not nice!)

You won the lottery? :D

Courtesy of Lidl GmbH. Three cheers for Germany :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

Andrew

Showed SWMBO and she muttered something about cashing my life insurance in and 'better things to buy with the money.'

Funnily enough, there is an electric heater and an extension cable o/s the bathroom door this morning...

They are beaut! Enjoy!

Very nice Andrew, bet they will never see Kielder though......

But you realise that Scotland, if not the whole of the UK will suffer the cloud gods wrath for weeks as punishment for them?

Enjoy them, they are beutiful

Gary

A price I saw for Abbe II set, a Barlow and 4 EP's was $2,740 Not sure if that is $US.

I did mention it to the wife, and yes, the expected retort was what I expected.

"I hope you don't expect anything like that from me." I just replied. "Certainly not"

I can't complain too much, she did buy me a 22" widescreen Monitor for my birthday coming up.

Oh!, and a cement mixer to help build the warm room, and to safeguard my back. The condition is. I sell it when it's finished. :laughing2:

Andrew, I hope you get great pleasure out of your new eyepieces mate, please give us a blow by blow account when you do manage to use them.

Ron. :D

Can we have a 'what's in the box' section on the forum - it has made the long evenings with cloud much more fun.

They do look beautiful and like everyone else I look forward to a first light (and second etc.)

Found this on http://gurlx.com/9rc

"Case holds two sets of eyepieces, plus one Barlow for those wishing to purchase two sets of eyepeices for binocular viewers."

Any plans, Andrew? :D

Any plans, Andrew? :help:

I was originally going to leave out the barlow, but then there would be a gaping gap in the case :D so I decided to get it... but now what about the other 4 holes :laugh: Ooooops...

I worked at Lidl for half a year and this has been the source of my astro-budget

I made the wrong career choices :lol: Enjoy that set matey 8)

:laughing3: Don't worry - I will.

Andrew, I hope you get great pleasure out of your new eyepieces mate, please give us a blow by blow account when you do manage to use them.

Ron, I sincerely hope that any "blow"ing will be awestruck exhalation rather than floor-struck explosion :shock:

Andrew

Any plans, Andrew? :help:

I was originally going to leave out the barlow, but then there would be a gaping gap in the case :D so I decided to get it... but now what about the other 4 holes :laugh: Ooooops...

I worked at Lidl for half a year and this has been the source of my astro-budget

I made the wrong career choices :lol: Enjoy that set matey 8)

:laughing3: Don't worry - I will.

Ron, I sincerely hope that any "blow"ing will be awestruck exhalation rather than floor-struck explosion :shock:

Andrew

Well don't exhale too hard Andrew, you have enough trouble with dewing up as it is up there. :D

Archived