Hi from Netherlands..

Nojus

Hello to everyone , I wish you clear sky , good communication and a new discoveries. Perhaps here are registered Astronomers from Netherlands? I am amateur astronomer  from the city of Dordrecht. We have bad (if not the worst in EU) sky here (5-8 Bortle),but still sometimes we're lucky too..

Yes,we're living in very light poluted place,in my beckyard is 8 according Bortle,but if I go 10 km away to the South of Dordrecht,I have Bortle 5,which is much better.The one more a bit better place closer to me :) (90km) is Zeeland,there you can have Bortle 4

Screenshot_20181216-075433_Dark Sky Map.jpg

Hi Nojus welcome on this incredibly nice forum!

Yes, the light pollution in the Netherlands may very well be almost the worst in the world, on top of that the weather...
All in all a not so ideal situation for astronomy, but still no reason to not go for it. You will have to like a challenge, though.
I live about 10 kilometers west from Den Bosch, so not too far from you. If I can be of any help, please let me know.

Clear Skies (if you get them, my chances are good, too ?)

Hi there! Friesland here, skies are not too bad (we have two Dark Sky Parks - Boschplaat and Lauwersmeer). But it really is an exception in The Netherlands.

I believe Zeeland has some reasonable skies, not too far from Dordt. If I remember correctly, there are star parties being organised there occasionally. Veel waarneemplezier!

44 minutes ago, Waddensky said:

I believe Zeeland has some reasonable skies, not too far from Dordt. If I remember correctly, there are star parties being organised there occasionally. 

Hi,thanks,do you have some more information about those events ?

16 minutes ago, Nojus said:

Hi,thanks,do you have some more information about those events ?

Here is a thread on the Dutch Astroforum about a location near Melissant (not quite Zeeland but not too far from Dordrecht either). Announcements about upcoming events are posted there.

Archived