Narrowband

Fri 21st forecast is looking good

Pig

5 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

Yes, supposed to be good where I live too all night after sunset. Time will tell whether that is tru or not. ;) 

Yes ... I guess we have been in this position before ?

Not a cloud in the sky when I got up this morning so idly wondering about trying my new SolarQuest mount but by the time I was ready it clouded over and started raining, went shopping and the Sun came out, got back home and it started again al accompanied by a stiff breeze, what the forecasters call "changeable" 

Tonight may be clear bit's and still windy.

Dave

It's supposed to be clear here from around nowish until around 10 pm ....... but there it's actually pretty cloudy right now. If I get any observing in this evening I think it's going to be of the "grab and go" type.

15 minutes ago, Pig said:

The wind might be a bit of a pain ? 

I thought that too. 

I'm home from work tonight at 11.30.pm 

Will see what's it's like then.

BTW. We still need to get together at some point seeing as we are neighbours. 

Paul 

25 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Supposed to be clear here between 2:00 and 3:00 am but I’m not counting on it. ?

At the moment not looking too promising.

9386F3E3-1D70-4542-9559-EA6AE79E4192.jpeg

Yes a picture paint a thousand words ?

I've given up now due to solid cloud. I did make use of some earlier "sucker gaps" to pinch a few glimpses of some double stars, Mars (very briefly) and the Moon with some great terminator topography.

Just about enough observing to feel that I've done something but more would have been nice !

I'm finding having a little 70mm frac a great benefit with such variable evenings - at least you get to see something :smiley:

2 hours ago, Pig said:

I managed a,couple of hours but then the clouds started to roll in at about 10pm, so not a very accurate forecast. It also got pretty nippy ?

For first time I had my wooly hat on. ? Was definitely chilly. 

Archived