M51 from last night

russ

Well here's my promised M51. Identical setup to the Leo Triplet image. Only 40 images of varing exposures used this time, the longest being 2mins. All unguided.

Like the Leo Triplet image, i think there's a better image waiting to come out with a bit more processing. But again, as with the Leo Triplet, i'm very chuffed with this one as is.

Just NGC4565 to follow now. :laugh:

image.jpg

there's a small galaxy to the right of M51 in this pic, not sure what it is mind.

image.jpg

Regards

Russ

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. This was the main event of the evening, so really pleased it worked out. Also what i needed to perk myself up again, give myself a much needed boost. Came very close to giving up in the last couple of weeks.

All the best

Russ

Oh yeah the sig. I need to change that back. I almost sold the EQ6 and ED, so the EQ1 would have been my setup :shock: Fortunately the guy who came round Friday night found the EQ6 a bit on the heavy side. Not sure what i was thinking :?

Russ

Thanks all for the kind comments. :laugh:

Gaz, the EQ1 and 80 go together surprisingly well. I've got the Antares Sentinel on mine, which is a bit heavier than the ED80, so the ED should be even better. Holiday scope was just the reason i got it too. The only snag is the counterweight snags the RA drive.

Regards

Russ

Archived