NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

PHD2 Sanity Check

astrosathya

I connect my mount to PHD2 using ASCOM and most nights I have the error "Star did not move enough" as well as "Suspicious blah blah, axis may not be perpendicular". This does not happen when I connect the mount via ST4 cable. I read somewhere that I can do a Calibration Sanity Check in PHD2. I am however unable to find that function in the software. Is it some pop up feature or does it have a location in the settings/brain icon?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

When you swap between on-camera (ST4) & Ascom control, have you re-configured PHD2 in the connect equipment settings ?   If everything else is the same i.e. same camera, guide scope etc., then you calibrate by selecting looping, click on a likely target, then hold down the shift key while clicking on guiding. This will force a re-calibration. 

On 05/09/2018 at 04:42, astrosathya said:

Star did not move enough" as well as "Suspicious blah blah, axis may not be perpendicular

Hi, did you also increase the ra rate and dec rate value under ascom pulseguide settings?  It's recommended to increase   to about 0.5. 

On 05/09/2018 at 08:42, astrosathya said:

I connect my mount to PHD2 using ASCOM and most nights I have the error "Star did not move enough" as well as "Suspicious blah

If you move the mount with the on screen handset North just before you calibrate it takes the backlash out of the DEC, otherwise the software is trying to move the star and it can't so it gives up..click on N until it moves the star,then callibrate..hope it helps

Archived