Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Deal or no deal

FenlandPaul

1 minute ago, RichM63 said:

Sadly I see that a lot when shopping. Twin packs costing more than 2 single packs, 650g costing more per kilo than 450g etc etc. :(

I’m fairly sure it must be an error here, in fairness to OVL. The other bundles on the page save money vs the sum of the parts.

When we do our large shop on a Saturday, and I mean large (There's only the two of us too), my good lady won't exit the store until she has checked the receipt with a fine toothed comb. She has found errors on many occasions, and often quite large ones..

It's not surprising these mistakes are made, considering the speed  the till operator swipes the items across the code reader, sometimes making more than two passes for the same item, not having heard the beep supposedly.

I get a bit exasperated waiting until she gets back what's due, but I have to agree that she won't stand for being fleeced. ?

We go to Morrison's and as well as the normal price on things they also list the price per weight/volume. Many times I have had to whip the calculator out to find out their multipack/2 for 1/3 for 2 deals are more expensive than buying individually. I don't believe it's an error either...

Archived