Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Deep Sky with ASI120MC

Cosmic Geoff

Having seen another forum member's deep sky experiment with the ASI120MC camera, I tried the experiment myself.

Here are e1e2 Lyrae, the Cat's Eye planetary nebula, NGC6210 and NGC6572 all imaged with a C8 SE and the ASI120MC.  The planetary inages are single image captures, while the double-double is processed from a short video stream. 

I also tried M57, and while I could see it in purplish colour at an exposure of 8 secs, I could not get the Sharpcap live stacking to work.

From an EAA point of view, this camera and planetaries are a definite hit, as the camera and laptop show them better than the eyepiece, and in colour. 

CatsEye_00002.jpg

NGC6210_00003.jpg

NGC6572_00004.jpg

e1e2Lyrae00_15_58.jpg

I might have been my experiment?

I think the AS1120MC could be a really good choice for outreach events combined with Sharpcap's live stacking. It is also incredible what it can show on a live stream of larger planets given good seeing.

Using mine of for guiding with a tidgy 50mm x 163mm scope I have seen globulars and even galaxies show up in 2-second exposures.

Archived