Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Camera, Great Jupiter!

orion25

Hi, all. I just got a new solar system camera and after putting it through its paces with my 180mm Mak, I managed to produce a pretty nice image of Jupiter. It was just a few days past opposition, seeing was good, and the GRS was in view. I processed about 10 seconds of video, generating about 300 frames, in Registax 6:

5af7642791843_ASTRONOMY-JUPITERGRS(5MPCAM)REGISTAX5-11-18.thumb.jpg.91d6cb383a91c5eb17e8c20355305179.jpg

Cheers!

Reggie

16 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

Great image Reggie with the new camera. Well done mate! :) 

Thanks, Gus! I'm still learning all the controls but I think I got the basics down. Registax 6 is my friend, lol!

16 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

excellent Reggie, good to see the camera producing some nice detail already. You can capture for much longer, at least 60 secs at that focal length. 

Thanks, Pete! I'm going to try processing some longer captures and experiment.

45 minutes ago, MarsG76 said:

Nice one... the new cam is working out nicely.

Thanks, Mars! I'm excited about it. I want to get a good image of Saturn (that's been eluding me), and, of course, Mars :p

41 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Very nice Reggie. Plenty of detail.  The new camera is working well!

Thanks, tooth dr! It works well with my 180mm Mak + 2×barlow. I'm going after Saturn and Mars when they reach opposition.

1 hour ago, orion25 said:

Thanks, Mars! I'm excited about it. I want to get a good image of Saturn (that's been eluding me), and, of course, Mars :p

Don't we all... the opportunity is still on its way... 27th June for Saturn and 27th July for Martian opposition.

Good luck.

6 minutes ago, U Cyg said:

Nice image Reggie, well done with the new camera.

Angie

Thanks, Angie! And the camera didn't break the bank, only $180 USD for the Orion StarShoot 5MP Solar System Camera.

Reggie

Archived