Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wow - don't all rush to bid at once - I saw it first !

John

Oh dear, looks like some nutters gonna buy that and it looks like stale edam!

From the Pleiades eh? Yeh right, probably has a 'made in china' sticker on it. Its blatently not from that region of space, what a massive loon. I have a piece of meteorite, certainly wouldn't get $999 for it, ha ha or sell it and say it was from....lets see.....the hubble deep field.

Did the dude tell us how he knew

it was from the Pleiades ? (did i miss that or something)

His guiding is a bit off in one of the shots too.

Oh and it seems he is into more mataphysical things than

providing a certificate of proof on his 'Stale Edam' :undecided:

Ed

I really do hope that the "One Born Every Minute" Doesn't show up to buy this.

:crybaby:

Did you call,Ron?

Must say I rather like the pictures of the 'Sisters' if not the bit of clinker that is for sale.

Cheers

CW

I think the ladies are being used as the lure CW, much like the Sirens were to coax the unwary sailors and their ships onto the Rocks in that other bit of mythology. :undecided:

How did Merope get lost by the way, does anybody know. She will catch her death wandering around the cold depths of space dressed undressed like that.? :)

Ron.

I think the ladies are being used as the lure CW, much like the Sirens were to coax the unwary sailors and their ships onto the Rocks in that other bit of mythology. :undecided:

How did Merope get lost by the way, does anybody know. She will catch her death wandering around the cold depths of space dressed undressed like that.? :)

Ron.

According to the National Audubon Night Sky Field Guide the 'Lost Pleiad' hides her light in shame as she alone of the sisters married a mortal.

Polynesian mythology has it that the Pleiades were once a single star,the brightest in the sky. This star boasted so much of it's beauty that one day the god Tane picked up the star Aldebaran and hurled it at Pleiades smashing it into the fainter fragments we see now.................................... .... Not many people know that! :)

CW

Ron.

According to the National Audubon Night Sky Field Guide the 'Lost Pleiad' hides her light in shame as she alone of the sisters married a mortal.

Polynesian mythology has it that the Pleiades were once a single star,the brightest in the sky. This star boasted so much of it's beauty that one day the god Tane picked up the star Aldebaran and hurled it at Pleiades smashing it into the fainter fragments we see now.................................... .... Not many people know that! :)

CW

Is that how Ten Pin Bowling came about then? :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

Not suprisingly the seller has had a question on this one:

Q:
Hi, Can you prove this is an actual meteorite? Thanks

12-Oct-08

A:

I have seen that some meteorites have certificates but I don't know how they get them. I am more into metaphysical things than actually being a meteorite expert, but two people have told me this is a meteorite, plus my friend Cathy got it from people that know about these things. I don't have a certificate. I really don't know how I would prove it, but you can tell that's what it is when you hold it. If you have any suggestions, let me know. Thanks

What a convincing answer - someones really going to to part with $1,000 on the basis of that :)

John

Archived