Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn 1

MarsG76

Hi All,

This is my first Saturn of the season captured after capturing about a hour of Jupiter videos on the night of Jupiter opposition.

The planets are very high in the sky from my part of the world this year, so imaging is a lot easier than fighting water like shimmer.

Clear skies.

IMG_2915.JPG

IMG_2916.JPG

32 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

Very nicely captured and processed. I am not at all envious of your high altitude planets :icon_biggrin:

Not at all... :crybaby2:

Wonderful color rendition!

43 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

Very nicely captured and processed. I am not at all envious of your high altitude planets :icon_biggrin:

5 minutes ago, pi_co100 said:

Not at all... :crybaby2:

Wonderful color rendition!

Nothing to be envious about... it up high, near the zenith... only hurts the neck to keep looking up, when imaging or observing through the SCT, the scope is pointed up, meaning that the eyepiece is low, so hurts the neck bending over... and with the 14" dob... you gotta stand up straight to reach the eyepiece... hurts legs!! Nothing but negatives and pain... all for a detailed stable view of Saturn at 300-500X magnification!!!??? Even than the disc is so massive that looking at it and all of the details, you need to scan the planets which hurts your eye!!! Terrible ;-)

53 minutes ago, MarsG76 said:

Nothing to be envious about... it up high, near the zenith... only hurts the neck to keep looking up, when imaging or observing through the SCT, the scope is pointed up, meaning that the eyepiece is low, so hurts the neck bending over... and with the 14" dob... you gotta stand up straight to reach the eyepiece... hurts legs!! Nothing but negatives and pain... all for a detailed stable view of Saturn at 300-500X magnification!!!??? Even than the disc is so massive that looking at it and all of the details, you need to scan the planets which hurts your eye!!! Terrible ;-)

HA HA HA brilliant response, I feel a lot better now :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

7 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

Just wait for the 11 January 2034 when we can get our revenge...

3 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

Lucky that I'm not Australian... just live in Australia Haha 

Lol. I’m very impressed. It really is a gorgeous shot. Keep them coming. 

Barry

Archived