Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars, april 28-2018

astroavani

sDkiRmQfo241_1824x0_R5Q5puGE.jpg

Many details visible for a 10.8-inch arc image.Susus Meridiani and Sinus Sanaeus stand out in the foreground in this photo.Hellas easily visible at 4 am but seemingly without much frost frozen losing its characteristic white color.
Syrtis Major heading toward the center of the disk and south polar cap visible.
What I thought at the beginning being an edge ring artifact actually is a dark region or prolongation of Ismenius Lacus that is situated exactly on the upper left edge.
Resize 200% by first testing a Pierro Astro ADC.
https://www.astrobin.com/344214/0/?nc=user

Awesome pic... I cant wait for the opposition... the views will be awesome.... here we'll have mars at 80 odd degrees altitude.

I had a look at mars the other night, it was only 30 degrees above the eastern horizon at the time and already through the 14" there were markings and the polar cap visible at 300X... 

If on

55 minutes ago, MarsG76 said:

Awesome pic... I cant wait for the opposition... the views will be awesome.... here we'll have mars at 80 odd degrees altitude.

I had a look at mars the other night, it was only 30 degrees above the eastern horizon at the time and already through the 14" there were markings and the polar cap visible at 300X... 

Just need a 14" scope now & some good weather. 

8 minutes ago, Grotemobile said:

If on

Just need a 14" scope now & some good weather. 

My 8" gives better views of planets most of the time... more forgiving on less than perfect seeing conditions.. but during the clearest most stable nights, the amount of detail in a 14" is WOW... at 500X Jupiter and Saturn are massive... with detail not too far from great processed amateur images.

1 minute ago, MarsG76 said:

My 8" gives better views of planets most of the time... more forgiving on less than perfect seeing conditions.. but during the clearest most stable nights, the amount of detail in a 14" is WOW... at 500X Jupiter and Saturn are massive... with detail not too far from great processed amateur images.

I have just got a 8" HD scope now. Love something bigger but just not practical 

living in a town . I did have a 11" but sold it because of the conditions.  :dontknow:

1 hour ago, Grotemobile said:

I have just got a 8" HD scope now. Love something bigger but just not practical 

living in a town . I did have a 11" but sold it because of the conditions.  :dontknow:

That 8" is a great weapon... I got the 14" wanting a bigger scope for observing, but I'll tell you that I use the 8SE 9/10 times... 

Archived