Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Scope stuck in the lounge

Wardr77

Well, after a few nice observing sessions I decided to go and break a rib at the weekend (an accident rather than some misguided pastime). I have to say I had no idea of how painful this can be, even picking up a toothbrush is a bit of a challenge let alone getting my socks on in the morning. The issue I have then is that my beloved fork mounted 12" SCT is currently in the lounge resting its chin on one of the armchairs while its circular base is in the process of producing a nice permanent indentation into my good ladies beloved lounge carpet. The good news is that in about 6-8 weeks I should be able to put it back in its box, the bad news is that by this time my good lady is likely to have left me and taken custody of the tortoise and the toaster. :) 

i sorry to hear your miss fortune mate, ribs heal quite qwickly if you rest well, try not to lift your arm up on the side where it happen above the elbow, or anything "apart from breathing" that exspands the rib cage, ive broken quite a few ribbs in my motocross racing days including once when it went right through my lung so i feel you pain. get well soon. charl.

1 hour ago, Kropster said:

There is some more good news in that.

Once the Mrs has gone, you can observe as much as you like! :icon_biggrin:

You won't have time, what with all the cooking, washing up, clothes washing, hoovering, shopping etc that you will have to do as well.  :icon_biggrin:

7 hours ago, Wardr77 said:

Washing? Cooking? Hoovering? What are these concepts you speak of? Is there a book I can buy? 'Turn Left into the Kitchen' perhaps?

Who's that sitting in my chair?

SCT.jpg

Looks like a crestfallen dustbin to me!

Doug.

8 hours ago, xtreemchaos said:

i sorry to hear your miss fortune mate, ribs heal quite qwickly if you rest well, try not to lift your arm up on the side where it happen above the elbow, or anything "apart from breathing" that exspands the rib cage, ive broken quite a few ribbs in my motocross racing days including once when it went right through my lung so i feel you pain. get well soon. charl.

Thanks charl

23 minutes ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

Damn a 12" Sct makes my 8" look like a tortoise. Sorry, didn't mean to tickle your ribs there. Take it easy and put tight bandage round ribs. 

Feel better 

Thank you. Yes it is a big thing. I had seen a 10in in the flesh prior to buying this so figured the 12 wouldn't be that much bigger,... how wrong was I.

That's a huge tube, wow!  Perhaps it would be possible to move it slightly from side to side and slide something under it to spread tbe weight out further?  Hope your rib feels better soon.

Thanks all. Doc prescribed some Diazapam to stop the spasms/cramps I'm getting in my side and I have to say I'm feeling rather gooood right now :)

Looking at that photo again I think the phone camera has probably exaggerated the proportions a touch, the rear end of that thing looks like a 16 incher. The tripod in the background which is only just behind the seat is a Meade Giant Field tripod and it looks positively titchy. Maybe I've just stumbled across a cost effective way of dealing with aperture fever...

Archived