SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

1st DSOs M51 and M13

MartinB

Lots of fumbling around and finding my way last night but managed two vaguely recognisable efforts. I have a capture of M81 as well but there is some rotation between the images and I can't get Maxim to recognize the AVIs. These were both 8 subs M51 40 secs and M13 30 seconds (I think - must start taking notes). Stacked with registax. No other processing, no dark or flat frames cos I don't know how to do those yet.

I need loads more subs I know but I was just working out how to do things last night. The wind didn't help but that's just excuses.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Martin

a very very good start Martin for first images they are really good , things can now only improve , ok i only use registax for globes anyway , can always go into maxim after when in jpg form and ude the digital filters for improvement , as for AVIS use registax go through the routine as norm , but dont stack them , open up the stack part , then save each avi to a bmp, to a folder you create on the desk top , name each avi , say like i do m1 ,m2 and so on , they will all be put in the folder , after that you can open Maxim , the go to combine images , search for the folder , open it up , control a to highlight them all and click combine , being careful to use auto align stars, but have a read of maxim to learn how to stretch the image before saving to a jpg or png .easy pizzy .

great start though Martin

Rog

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm dumfounded! How on earth do you do that. Oh there is so much I'm itching to get to grips with.

Really grateful for your efforts James and Rog. I'm pretty chuffed with my "experiments" now. :sunny:

Martin

At this rate it won't be long until your catching up with James and his Messier Marathon campaign :laugh:

Thanks Grant, I'll go and get them entered. I love this forum, you post crappy images and you get them fully processed and beautified all for free :laugh: :laugh:

Gaz you're right. Atik 2HS purchased from Damien for a very reasonable price.

Martin

Archived