Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Star Adventurer - Polar Alignment Tips - fine tuning alignment

Hello,

Sorry for another request on polar alignment, but I've looked at other posts, and I think my question is slightly different.

So, I've setup the Star Adventurer,  I can see Polaris easily enough in the night sky, and using PS Align, know where I need to place Polaris within the scope.  Now, that's the bit I'm having trouble with.  I can easily place my tripod in the rough direction of Polaris, use the equatorial wedge to raise / lower the scope so it's then within the scope, but it is fine tuning it along the horizontal that I'm having trouble with.  I have a feeling I'm missing something blindingly obvious, so I'd appreciate any help you guys can offer.

Thanks

Hi Eddie,

you need to adjust these 3 knobs to achieve polar alignment 

the large one at the back for alt (up/down)

the 2 smaller ones for az (left right) loosen one and adjust the other and vice versa depending on which way you need to move it,

skywatcher_star_adventurer_equatorial_wedge_1.thumb.jpg.1609cf63ccd72f6e4cee51543bad2fb0.jpg

Hi Eddie and welcome to SGL.

Not much to do wrong, move the tripod legs to get Polaris in the polar scope then just loosen the 2 black screws a touch and use the horizontal adjusters to fine tune it.

Dave

Archived