I took this on the night of 27th/28th. It’s five 5.5 minutes at iso400 with 135mm Takumar on the Star Adventurer unguided. I used a CLS clip filter this time. DBE removed most of the light pollution but I struggled with a big gradient near the bottom so I cropped most of that off.

1EAE8670-1135-4518-BA9F-2346B355B248.thumb.png.345de1f3a034f03e093da80f8a994f08.png

9 minutes ago, GavStar said:

Really nice. I particularly like the flame nebula and HH bit as it ties in really well with what I saw visually last night. Also some nice tendrils in m42 which were nicely visible as well.

Ooh that must have been good, no chance of seeing horsey visually here :) Although I did see the e&f stars with my 16” that I also had set up. The nebular was lovely as well. I didn’t really look at much else with the dob, too busy playing with the camera. Avoiding red rings whilst focussing took me ages.

I did have some assistance from my night vision eyepiece ?

I’ve posted this iPhone photo previously on another thread and it’s obviously not going to win any prizes but it gives a good idea of what I saw through the eyepiece with my 100mm refractor and 7nm h alpha filter from a back garden in London.

I like that the two dark lanes in the flame nebula and the position of the HH tallies well with your proper image.

49AE0C7D-7A18-4238-BCEA-888980C2E670.jpeg

2 minutes ago, GavStar said:

I did have some assistance from my night vision eyepiece ?

I’ve posted this iPhone photo previously on another thread and it’s obviously not going to win any prizes but it gives a good idea of what I saw through the eyepiece with my 100mm refractor and 7nm h alpha filter from a back garden in London.

I like that the two dark lanes in the flame nebula and the position of the HH tallies well with your proper image.

49AE0C7D-7A18-4238-BCEA-888980C2E670.jpeg

Oh yes, I’d forgotten you’d bought this recently. It’s incredible you can see that from where you are with a 100mm refractor. :) Thanks for posting it, it’s great to get a good idea of what you can see.

I discovered I had a problem with the calibration of my Flats so I’ve reprocessed it. There’s now a big improvement to the gradient at the bottom. Stretched this a bit more and was able to desaturate the background a bit.

48794225-3516-4137-ABA5-8207C1A54E1D.thumb.png.a0edea49aac2ed6569dadc552fb49c62.png

Archived