NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Solar binos!

I'm pretty sure one of the mods has a bino PST setup (Jamie I think) - one tube tuned for surface, the other tuned for prominences. Once, your brain sorts out what your looking at it all melds together and gives a very good view. 

That caught my attention! :icon_biggrin:.  I did build a PST version as it needed no further modification, put off from making any larger versions due to the cost. Would be interesting to try one out but I suspect that a modded Ha scope with binoviewers would be much better. And cheaper!  :icon_biggrin:

That looks like it has the DS units, which would take it down to the 0.5 angstrom mark? Surface detail city!! So wouldn't this beat any PST mod for surface detail?

I may have misread the picture. So feel free to correct me.

Paul

PS. I'm really glad that I don't get on with binoviewers ££££.

It was Jamie (Admin) that had a double PST and as Simon stated one side tuned for the Surface the other for the Proms. I was fortunate to view the Venus Transit in 2012 (USA) viewing with a Lunt 150mm Ha scope + Binoviewers + TeleVue Plossls. Fantastic image and Venus was so sharp against the solar background.

So it would be very nice to view the Sun using  the twin Coronado Solarmax 60.

25 minutes ago, Paul73 said:

That looks like it has the DS units, which would take it down to the 0.5 angstrom mark? Surface detail city!! So wouldn't this beat any PST mod for surface detail?

I may have misread the picture. So feel free to correct me.

Paul

PS. I'm really glad that I don't get on with binoviewers ££££.

If the units are double stacked, and the price suggests this is likely, then yes, the contrast would be better than a single stack Ha telescope visually. Where it would be lacking is the high power resolution of fine detail that a larger instrument would provide.   :icon_biggrin:

7 hours ago, Peter Drew said:

Where it would be lacking is the high power resolution of fine detail that a larger instrument would provide.   :icon_biggrin:

That makes sense. One day I'll get a look through a big Ha scope. So far, the closer I get to one, the cloudier it gets!

I'm more than happy with my puney little 100mm  mod. ???. It even reverts to 40mm for travel (thanks again Peter).

Paul

Archived