SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello, I am new member and have got a question concerning the asi120 mc camera 

I just want to look at the moon with it so ,

what is the minimum laptop do I need

Excuse my english I am a french guy

Merci beaucoup

I have mine hooked up to a Raspberry Pi, it doesn't need much more. Depending on which model of camera you have, you may have trouble with the 16 bit mode. The newer S model should work ok on any windows 7 or higher laptop, as far as I know. Also on Linux.

15 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

As long as you have the USB2 version it would work on any laptop that runs XP or a later version of windows. Lower spec computers will just give you a lower frame rate.

You need Vista or higher to run new versions of Sharpcap.

In 8 bit mode. 16 bit mode behaves unpredictable, even in single shot imaging settings. I believe ZWO have a notification regarding this on their web site. My asi 120mm refuses to do its job in 16 bit mode, whatever I try.

1 hour ago, wimvb said:

In 8 bit mode. 16 bit mode behaves unpredictable, even in single shot imaging settings. I believe ZWO have a notification regarding this on their web site. My asi 120mm refuses to do its job in 16 bit mode, whatever I try.

Oh dear!

Fortunately mine seems to like my crummy Toshiba laptop (now W10) and happily gives me 16-bit SER videos.

Archived