NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The 3 Amigos

Just got the 14-9 yesterday can't wait to try them out, I just love how these eps feel only the 5.5 then I'm done with my 100s ?

I've not found a lot of reviews on the 5.5 if anyone has one of these let me know how they perform ?

Clear skies ?✨???

IMG_0054.JPG

in sure he'll find something. Have you held on to anything for more than 5 minutes? ;)

that's the thing about this hobby, it seems to take a lot of swapping and changing (or collecting) before your find what suits :)

10 minutes ago, Littleguy80 said:

Nearly there, Richard! What are you gonna spend your money on after the 5.5? ;) 

Haha you know me to well ?

Im considering a 30mm 82 then I'm honestly not sure after that I'm sure I will find something though ?

4 minutes ago, rockystar said:

in sure he'll find something. Have you held on to anything for more than 5 minutes? ;)

that's the thing about this hobby, it seems to take a lot of swapping and changing (or collecting) before your find what suits :)

Your not wrong I'm definitely getting there now though... I think ???

Nice trio !

For a galaxy hunting night those are all you need with the dob. You may well just use the 20 and the 9 in fact - I find I tend to skip straight from the 21 to the 8mm Ethos despite the 13 being such a gem :rolleyes2:

4 minutes ago, John said:

Nice trio !

For a galaxy hunting night those are all you need with the dob. You may well just use the 20 and the 9 in fact - I find I tend to skip straight from the 21 to the 8mm Ethos despite the 13 being such a gem :rolleyes2:

funny isn't John i remember a time when you hardly used to use that 8...!!!

i've been is this boat for a long time now.... though a bigger scope may let the 13 come out and play again!

Great set of EPs Richard. When I use the 12" Dob I always start with the 20mm Myraid then the 13mm Ethos. If I am observing Globs or Planetary Nebs I usually grab the 9mm Myraid. I don't often go to a higher mag when observing DSOs. I thought about the ES 5.5mm or the 5mm Myraid but I wonder how often I would use it. OK I have an ES82 6.7mm and ES82 4.7mm but they are usually used for Planets, Moon and Double Stars.

Richard if you purchase the ES100 5.5mm I will be interested in your findings.

That's my plan start with the 20mm for hunting DSOs then work up the mag from there ?

I will definitely be purchasing the 5.5mm exclusively for planets/moon which I enjoy observing and ofcourse if I want to get up close and personal with a glob or 2 ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/07/2017 at 12:19, Richard Hather said:

Haha you know me to well ?

Im considering a 30mm 82 then I'm honestly not sure after that I'm sure I will find something though ?

Hi Richard, the 30mm 82 is a stunning performer, and for a reasonable price.  I have never fancied the 100 route to be honest, quite happy with the 82's.

18 hours ago, rwilkey said:

Hi Richard, the 30mm 82 is a stunning performer, and for a reasonable price.  I have never fancied the 100 route to be honest, quite happy with the 82's.

It's funny you should mention the 30mm I'm currently in the process of purchasing it ?

After using the 9 I'm not sure if it need a higher power ep ?

Archived