Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

'Sun is shining in the Sky' - Mr Blue Sky - 1st July 2017

DrRobin

Hi,

An apt title in more ways than one, the sun is shining, the rain has gone (and boy have we had lots of it) and we are going to see ELO tonight in Hull, so I thought I would indulge in my fav hobby (solar imaging) and snap a couple of shots of the sun for Jeff and the rest of the boys.

Ha, 12 pane mosaic, Zenithstar 80mm, Daystar Quark

35517684871_cc69813deb_b.jpgThe sun in Hydrogen Alpha, 12 pane mosaic, Daystar Quark, 01/07/17 by Robin DrRobin, on Flickr

CaK, Zenithstar 80mm , Lunt CaK module

34838934023_1c99bec5bb_b.jpgThe Sun in Calcium K, Lunt CaK module, 01/07/17 by Robin DrRobin, on Flickr

Close up of AR2664 in Calcium K, Zenithstar 80mm, Televue 3x barlow, Lunt CaK module

35517684241_668a6554e6_b.jpgActive Region (Sunspot) AR2664 on the sun in Calcium K, 01/07/17 by Robin DrRobin, on Flickr

Robin

Nice shots! Hope you enjoy the concert tonight. ELO was one of the first groups I followed.  I never got a ticket for the concert alas, but my sister is going to see them. Strange thing is she never liked them at the time, nor is a fan of theirs anyway, so you'd think she'd do the sisterly thing and give me the ticket instead huh! Hehe! ;) 

I am very frustrated always go and see my mum Saturday dinner, didnt spend as long there fixed her taps for her, went my brothers quick brew with him got home set up for first time with the wedge polar aligned best I could with a compass levelled the mount. put scope on and weight just turned everything on going through Synscan and clouds everywhere. :crybaby2:

Archived