Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Tyson M

June 26, 2017 Full disks

Good day fellow SGL members!

I got some good imaging in yesterday, unfortunately I had some mount problems. I will have to begin diagnosis.

My motors/hand controller delayed engaing to move the mount after a while, or just stopped working all together. Considering this is a very expensive mount, I will have to try and figure it out. I have been very good with my connectors, could be running the laptop and mount off of the garage power. Also concerning, I believe it happened running off of my battery box as well. 

Anyways, I was not able to shoot white light close ups because of mount failure. I did stack more frame % (20%)  on this run. 

Close ups to follow.

165025promdiskgimpcurves

164824invert

Thanks for looking and clear skies!

• Like 5

Here are the close ups, comments welcome. Yes I got some NR, but I still like how they turned out more or less.

165703invertsoftgimp165931softgimp171135invertgimpcropcurves172017invertsharpgimp172252sharpgimp172758invertgimp

AR2664

172516gimpcurves

Thanks for looking! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Eris
      Well, its been a long time coming but finally managed to get something captured and processed of this season.  I have captured a handful of nights in the past month but am struggling to get much out of them but I do need to spend more time on the raw data so there might be some more in there.  Despite the altitude, I'm fairly happy with this result considering the size of the scope compared to other observers in the forum. I think the colour is a little off so will look to correct at some point but wanted to get something up in the gallery for now.
      Clear skies and good luck imaging to you all, especially the UK based observers.
      Rob

• By Tyson M
      I went out for a brief imaging session to capture this tiny moon phase. A personal lowest illumination capture to date- a mere 15%!
      Best 20% of 6836 frames
      FC, AS!3, Fitswork, Gimp
      Anyways, cheers from Canada. Thanks for looking and clear skies!

• By Tyson M
      Good day fellow SGL members,
      I was out last night imaging the moon. This imaging run turned out fairly good, which in turn, sort of makes up for the fact I ruined a brand new refractor by accidentally dropping it on concrete and shattering the objective of my contrasty Vixen 81S.   Very disappointed as it was my favorite visual scope, but it was late and all I can do is learn from my mistake. 
      Anyways,

3 min vid with FC, AS!3, RS6, Gimp

• By Tyson M
      Not even minus 30 C could discourage me from going out on a clear night on the weekend where I don't have to be up early.
      Nearly froze solid, as the night progressed to lower temps and a windchill of purportedly minus 43 celsius. I don't think I experienced that low, but I didn't stay for longer than just over an hour, with a couple breaks to the warm house or garage.
      Got a bit of visual in as well. Just a 13mm nagler and scanning around on the DSV-M mount.
      FC, AS!3, ImPPG, Gimp

• By Tyson M
      Hello all,
      I have taken a brief break in my studies to image the moon, now that it is getting higher in elevation during winter.
      Quick and dirty, guerilla style imaging with some new gear. Time seems to be getting less and less for me these days.
      TS72mm F5.5 apo, ZWO ASI120mm,  Skywatcher Star Adventurer 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.