SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi and greetings from UAE

TareqPhoto

Hi all,

I am a new member here and also new to astrophotography unless if you consider the moon as one, i did shoot the moon many many times with my DSLR and lenses and also the solar eclipse once and some stars in the sky just for fun, but nothing as serious astrophotography yet.

I spent months since February this year reading about astronomy and astrophotography, using another sites and didn't know about this, so i found this site and decided to registered and join the fun of stargazers community here.

My name is Tareq and i live in Ajman city[or town] of United Arab Emirates, and the sky here is really light polluted, i will try to find a way either by filters or going NB all the way later once i can afford those items, but i want to read more and more about AP before i go more with equipment without understand the whole story about AP so i don't get disappointed or give up.

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Dave In Vermont said:

Hello Tareq, and welcome to SGL - it's great to have you here!

We enjoy helping to find answers to all astronomy-based questions, in all the forums, so feel absolutely free to ask yours in these myriad forums.

Starry Skies -

Dave

Thank you very much, Dave!

Welcome Tareq from Land Down Under, Australia

We do not have the same problem where I am with respect to light pollution

When comes to astrophotography, hands on only way to go

If you have any astronomy clubs in UAE, join one, and other members only too happy to assist you

Club belong to, on the Goldcoast, which many UAE residents use as a holiday destination, and periodically the club run astrophotography workshops

Always get someone who says, but I do it this way when processing your images.

Some websites lead u into complex way of processing your images

I have a Skywatcher ED80 on a EQ5 mount

Have included pic solar eclipse couple of years ago, taken with an Samsung 5 through eyepiece of 10" Dobson, with a 17mm eyepiece

Happy viewing and imaging

John

Solar Eclipse.jpg

Welcome. I'm visual only so can't help with AP - but there are some very accomplished imagers around here who will be able to help.

My best advice is to have fun. After all, that's what a hobby is about - enjoyment.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived