NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Tri-Color Narrowband IC2177 Seagull

Rudeviewer

Ok here is the tri-color Seagull i've been working on. This is the first Tri-color narrowband i have done. I may have it a bit over saturated like always, but i am really happy with the way this one came out. I like the colors a lot , but not necessarily the detail as this was a tough target. More time on the HA would probably give me better detail.   I used the HA OIII and SI combined with pixelmath, stretched it with curves and levels, and then convoluted to blur the image.  Then i added the HA as a lum layer to bring the details back after having a smooth color image from the blurring.  Moved it over to Photoshop to do a bit of tweaking/sharpening and star reduction with a bit of saturation.  Worked pretty well on this image.  

Constructive criticism welcome.

10x1200s HA
6x1200s OIII
6x1200s SII

Seagull Tri-color_PS.png

I also like the colors, and the stars are very nice - you did a good job avoiding the dark rings around them that are often seen in NB images. Congratulations!

Possibly you could try to get some more color into the stars. Here is a tutorial I found very useful (I found that doing a bit of gaussian blurr to the star selection afterwards could improve the result):

4 hours ago, swag72 said:

Despite it's size I have found this to be a very tricky blighter indeed - Well done :)

Thank you.  I wish i had a wider field of view to get it all.  

3 hours ago, Barry-Wilson said:

Well done with this difficult target.  Lovely image.

Thanks.  It is for sure more difficult then I figured it would be.  

Archived