NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

found a U.F.O

glowingturnip

so I was looking through the subs of my latest run, and found this on one frame, to the top-left of the brightest star, not present on any of the other frames (before and after shown).  Clearly a UFO.  Should I alert NASA ?

UFO.png

so what do we think it really is ?  A satellite rolling and catching sunlight off one panel I'd guess.

Cheers,

Stu

39 minutes ago, glowingturnip said:

so I was looking through the subs of my latest run, and found this on one frame, to the top-left of the brightest star, not present on any of the other frames (before and after shown).  Clearly a UFO.  Should I alert NASA ?

UFO.png

so what do we think it really is ?  A satellite rolling and catching sunlight off one panel I'd guess.

Cheers,

Stu

neh

I had a similar event right before New Year's eve - 30th of December, but I suspect that I caught something else, my guess is small air burst of meteor.

I base my assumption on couple of facts: high luminosity in single point (this is doggy one, since I would expect a streak of high luminosity), trail slightly diverging after, and trail only visible in red channel

Here is frame:

maybe_meteor.png

So what did NASA say? It's a well known fact that the aliens have taken to mimicing the light curve of tumbling satellites as a form of camouflage when visiting earth, now that so many pesky amateurs have CCDs scouring the sky.

Yep. A UFO for sure. Possibly, with a faulty cloaking device!?????

I believe that posting this image on certain "special interest" websites should get you some more technologically correct answers than we can manage on SGL.

Its cloudy. Give it a try. An editited highlights update should be fun/ food for thought.

Paul

Yep, that cloaking device is a real pig. It's not worked properly since Scotty passed - how do you replace an engineer of that calibre?

Job applications to:

The First Officer,
USS Enterprise,
Somewhere in Sol sector - note this is deliberately vague. If you can't find the ship then you are not good enough for the job ;)

Archived