Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Latest Views with my Atik Infinity

Spacedout

Hello All,

It's been a while since I've had any time for astronomy (or any other hobby for that matter) but last night I finally blew the cobwebs off my astro kit!  Initially I only intended a light jog to loosen up but ended up doing a marathon!  Anyway, as always I took a screen grab for each target which shows the software.   On that note, it' important to point out that while some show many stacks this does not mean it took that long to get the image you see.  I generally take a screen grab just before moving off to the next target but must remember to grab the image sooner the next time out.  That said, I did record this broadcast which shows the process of each on the attached images so happy to link that video (when ready) if of interest.

Hope it's of interest :icon_biggrin:

Horsehead Nebula.png

M1 - Crab Nebula.png

M3...jpg

M42 - Orion Nebula.png

M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy.png

M74 - Pinwheel Galaxy.png

M81 - Bodes.png

M82 - The Cigar Galaxy.png

NGC40.png

NGC2024 - Flame Nebula.png

Hi Karl,

As you know I caught some of your excellent broadcast last night, looks like I missed some really good stuff, I shall try to be more on the ball next time (and less ill)!

Your set up is working really well, presumably its the CPC11? What focal reduction are you using?

Rob

45 minutes ago, RobertI said:

Hi Karl,

As you know I caught some of your excellent broadcast last night, looks like I missed some really good stuff, I shall try to be more on the ball next time (and less ill)!

Your set up is working really well, presumably its the CPC11? What focal reduction are you using?

Rob

Hi Rob,

Yes thanks for joining in last night especially as you were in sick in bed!  Shame you missed the earlier part but as always with broadcasting it's always short notice.   I was working with at F5 last night and yes the CPC1100.  Great little scope really with spot on Goto and tracking.  

Hope you're feeling better Rob :icon_biggrin:

Archived