NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Atik Infinity - First Light

Spacedout

On 4/5/2016 at 05:43, Astrogate said:

Hi Karl

I have my Atik Infinity now but it has been cloudy ever since I have received it like it always does. I have played with the Infinity software and must say that it works terrific and is very user friendly for everyone. I did notice prior to my initial comment that you had stacking on but still being able to use 5 sec sub exposures at f/10 is a very good sign that this camera is very sensitive and the read noise is not too bad. I really am impressed with your 1st light using a new camera and software and you should be very proud. Keep up the good work, please post some more images and most importantly have fun.

Cheers,

Chris A

Always the way Chris but I swear you are going to love this little camera!  Yet to try is on the dimmer stuff but so far I'm over the moon.  I think the best part for me is the simplicity of the software as I'm a tad clueless with the tech side so plug and play is right up my street!  Will post some more in a few minutes!

On 4/5/2016 at 15:21, 2STAR said:

To be honest, we should just congratulate on some very nice images . what the infinity can or cannot do is irrelevant in this case.

Eric

Thanks Eric but I think I may have been a little hasty in my response to Don.  Having discussed the issue privately with Don I realise now that he was only trying to help others in making it clear my images were not created after the first 5 second exposure and were in fact the result of a few minutes stacking.  I have since apologised to Don for my knee jerk reaction.  That said, as you can see now from the additional images added even the earlier stacks were impressive.  Glad you like them :)

10 hours ago, Joves said:

Great shots Karl!

I've been out of action for a long while now and it would appear, whilst I've been gone, that the Mallincam Xtreme has been trumped and is perhaps no longer the "leader" (I know, it was always disputed by fans of other brands) of VA cameras that it once was?

Hello Jove, long time no speak!  I think like me having nippers leaves little time for this sport!  Not sure if this cam is the new leader but it's certainly making me very happy!  The Xtreme is still a great cam but I had to sell mine last year to fund new toys (like you do) and the Lodestars are great too it's just horses for course as they say.  Nice to see you back mate!

6 hours ago, Neil27 said:

Indeed great results Spacedout and its one camera i have my eye on for this exciting 'sport' .....:hello2:

Thanks Neil and I'd say keep looking as when this camera get's into the right hands it will really shine!  All the best, Karl

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived