Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SonnyE

So, last night I was finally back at it after 10 days away.

As is typical for me, I don't really plan, I just seek a random object from Stellarium and set up on it.

So it was for the Omega Nebula last night.

The Atik Infinity bringing in the image beautifully.

I only did this one object because our long travels were catching up with me, and I retired early even for me.

Image 1 is 50 x 20 seconds = 1000s total. Image 2 is 100 x 20 seconds = 2000s total.

I've been doing a lot of 20 second exposures on various targets with this OSC Infinity camera. And always very pleased with its results.

Omega-Nebula-50-ea-1000-seconds-w.jpg

Omega-Nebula-100-ea-2000-seconds-w.jpg

Nice color.  It seems you have processed the images differently (or there were some bad subs in the second batch of 1,000?).  Saturation is higher in 31, and noise is higher in #2.  Which is opposite what I would expect based on the integration times!  It happens to me all thetime, I will shoot more data and will not be able to get the image to look as good as the version with less data.

Nice work.

Rodd

Archived