NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I'm Cured at last! Thanks to Atik Infinity OSC

SonnyE

OK, a Friend approached me with an offer I couldn't refuse. He has a plethora of cameras, including two Infinities.

He offered to loan me the OSC Atik Infinity, and made me an offer I can't refuse, to purchase it from him. :blob7:

He has a Mono Infinity, and an Atik 460 he is enjoying more. Plus he has many other cameras he uses for widefield imaging.

I simply couldn't turn it down, and his price is astounding. Discretion for him, please don't ask.

So I've been busy doing my best to learn to run it well. It started off doing absolutely stellar imaging the very first night. And with a few doo-dahs on my part (I think), I'm finally getting images to write home about.

After over 2 years of struggling with my first CCD camera, this is the way things should have been to begin with.

I'm so amazed and pleased. Here's a couple from last night:

Lagoon Nebula - 65 images stacked - 25 second exposures (1625 seconds total)Lagoon-Nebula-65---25s-(1625s).thumb.jpg.d73dad8d3d2d77dbca929f83831534ff.jpg

And the Eagle Nebula - 100 images - 25 second exposures - (2500 seconds total) Eagle-Nebula-High-Pass-100---25s-(2500s).thumb.jpg.6c3caff58d4f4f6df1d6b80e439091eb.jpg

7 minutes ago, kendg said:

Nice pictures.

Now the bad news. Your cure will be temporary at best :icon_biggrin:

Thank You, Ken!

Ah, but you see, it took me two years to finally advance a single camera step. :angry9:

In the race, everything gets there ahead of me. :wink: Still learning... But really happy!

Just now, ronin said:

"Cured" ????

I think you will find it is a progressive adiction, but not "cure".

Just think of the possibilities with a full mono camera and filters and ..............

LMAO! My purse is my limiting factor. And why it's taken me 2 years, and a wonderful friend, to advance.

I can easily nickle and dime my CFO, but big jumps are tough to get around her. :clouds1:

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2017 at 03:47, Adam J said:

I think that if you up the red balance in both those images you have more that could be pulled out. Very nice though. 

Thank You Adam J.

I've had friends work with my tiff files and they all say there is a lot of data there.

I'm just enthralled with the images I can get now from my telescope. I made a You Tube video to share...

It entails my first month with this camera as my main imaging camera. https://youtu.be/8PDuNTWBBGQ

I posted it in the beginners imaging section. From the first image and first night on. Hope you like it. :icon_biggrin:

Archived