Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dunroamin Farm Campsite AA Small Site of 2017 Award

Hi Happy Gazers,

Just to let you know that a local paper in Galloway has just announced that Dunroamin Farm Campsite, the renowned site of the Galloway Star Parties has been awarded the AA Small Campsite of 2017 Award.

The site was praised for ..."enjoying beautiful views across Wigton Bay and the Galloway Hills......it was open, spacious and peaceful site with excellent, modern facilities maintained in an exemplary way by dedicated owners..."    (over 860 campsites were inspected....)

Given the above it is easy to see why the SGL Members who attend the Spring and Autumn Star Parties praise it's dark clear skies, friendliness and exceptionally clean facilities.

The high praise we heap on Lesley and Ralph is well earned and congratulations to them for winning a prestige award for 2017.   

To the members who have followed the Galloway SP threads and have not had the opportunity to attend, I would highly recommend them to move heaven and earth to get a dose of the wonderful skies and learn the art of tasting malts on the odd cloudy night.

Congratulations:hello2::hello2:

Adrian

Yes congratulations indeed :headbang:

1 hour ago, Adrian Condon said:

To the members who have followed the Galloway SP threads and have not had the opportunity to attend, I would highly recommend them to move heaven and earth to get a dose of the wonderful skies and learn the art of tasting malts on the odd cloudy night.

i am one of those, and yet again the dates the spring party fall on i am unable to attend, but i may have a chance to get to the Kielder one in March,

Yes, congratulations to Leslie and Ralph. This the very least they deserve for running a fabulous campsite and going above and beyond to make everybody's stay an enjoyable one.

This is exemplified by the fact that Lesley will contact local businesses and residents to make sure that the possibility of light pollution is minimised by ensuring any external lights are eliminated during the SP, so that we may all enjoy  the wonderful dark skies.

9 hours ago, Physopto said:

Yep, many congrats to Lesley and Ralph. Now we have to start keeping it quiet or we will be inundated with people wanting to attend our star parties  :evil4:

:p

Alright lads! I've got a massive posse from Essex loving the dark sky prospects, so there`s a couple of 60 seat coaches booked to ferry everyone in for next years star party.

So long as we got enough lager and barby fuel, everything`s  sorted! :tongue2:

4 minutes ago, Phil Fargaze said:

Alright lads! I've got a massive posse from Essex loving the dark sky prospects, so there`s a couple of 60 seat coaches booked to ferry everyone in for next years star party.

So long as we got enough lager and barby fuel, everything`s  sorted! :tongue2:

That's it putting up the Jolly Roger and preparing to repellent coaches. Yikes Barbies, the light pollution, calling out red light police as well. :evil4:

9 minutes ago, Demon Barber said:

Hi Derek,we`ll catch them at the border:hiding: 

Hi Phil,how are you keeping,still working the tubes? You would be very welcome,it is well worth the trip,i`m sure we could arrange a day pass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Mike

• Aye,  no night passes! :evil1:

Joking aside, I`ve been following the star party threads and getting myself up to Galloway would be a dream come true adventure, plus I`ve never been to Scotland!

It`s just a bit of a massive journey for me, can I get a plane up there !!? I generally pop up to Suffolk in the spring and autumn which is easy for me to get to.

Mike, did you mean me when you said about working the tubes. If so, you must be mixed up with another Phil.

• 4 months later...

Hi Folks,

Just to let you know Lesley and Ralph have now received the award for running the Best Small Campsite in the UK 2017, at the Annual AA Caravan and Camping Awards

There is an article plus photo in a local newspaper showing the hard working pair holding the awards.

Lesley added "We have a group of loyal customers who come year after year and new visitors who all say they'll definitely be back in future...."

It is not hard to see why people are so keen to return to Drumroamin camp site the home of Scotland's Premier Star Party.

So a big thank you to Lesley and Ralph is in order for ensuring that we have a great time there.... I love going there even when it is an 800 miles round trip, those dark skies on a crystal clear night are worth travelling those miles........

Congratulations...

Adrian

Excellent news Adrian. Congrats again to Leslie and Ralf for running a brilliant campsite.

I was up that way a couple of days ago and saw that the petrol station just east of Dumfries on the A75 has opened again. Also noted that the speed vans were very present. Will be keeping an eye on what drops through the letter box over the next few days - nervous times ahead ?

Hi Ian,

Good News about the Award for Lesley and Ralph, shows that hard work is recognised and awarded.

Great to hear that the petrol station has re-opened, it is usually cheaper than other petrol stations, only wonder if the rebuilding will push the petrol cost up?

Trust you are in the best of health, see you in November.

Cheers

Adrian

Archived