Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

All Sky Camera for Daytime Use

Gina

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the image size cropped to just cover the FOV and save on file size for saving.  This is now about 1200 pixels square.  X=320 Y=120 Width=1200 Height=1100.  The frame could be cut down a bit more as there's no point in including the rim of the lens.

Screenshot from 2017-01-25 20-12-37.png

Thanks Dave :)  I think I tried that before and it affected the optical quality.  Those 2" domes are polycarbonate which is harder than acrylic/perspex so should be more resistant to scratching.

Here's a cross-section diagram of the new arrangement.  Not worked out the bottom part of the case yet.  Green parts represent the case and camera support, which is part of the case.  Yellow is a ring to hold the dome.

Case 01.png

• 2 weeks later...

Don't really like this...

RPi plus USB plug and cable needs a case with a minimum of 149mm in length.  I think I might go back to having the RPi vertical beside the camera and lens.  At least with 3D printing I can make a case of almost any size and shape.  But I still find designing a 3D object on a 2D screen a bit difficult.

• 3 months later...

Archived