NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help please with research

Sirius Starwatcher

Hi All looking to get into solar observing other than a baader filter on the end of my SCT. Would like to get a Starwave 152 v2 and would look to go via HA. 

So can anyone point me in the direction of one good web site which would have all the info I need to sustain this hobby. I need to research quarks etc and would prefer to get my info from one web site as opposed to half a dozen.

thanks for reading. Any assistance that will allow me to see the light.............( intended,).  . Gratefully received

8 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

You could do worse than browse this forum, lot's of info here :)

If you're at SGLX11 you can wander round to mine ( Kigfisher 9 ) and compare 152mm + Quark and LS60DS if the Sun shines.

Dave

This is turning into a speed dating weekend. Yours for quarks. Moonshane for collimation. Astronut for his birthday party on Friday. My Birthday on Sunday, DRT for AA Starwave. Gonna have to set up a spreadsheet with timings to fit it all in.

and after all that We will have to back to Lulu's so she can apologise for the Friday night. 

5 minutes ago, Sirius Starwatcher said:

This is turning into a speed dating weekend. Yours for quarks. Moonshane for collimation. Astronut for his birthday party on Friday. My Birthday on Sunday, DRT for AA Starwave. Gonna have to set up a spreadsheet with timings to fit it all in.

and after all that We will have to back to Lulu's so she can apologise for the Friday night. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think that E book may be a little dated but nevertheless a good intro ... as has been suggested the best way is to try as many

different setups as possible to see which appeals within a given budget ... solar gets better and better as your brain becomes

trained to the 656.3 nm wavelength.

Brian 

On 16/09/2016 at 16:22, Sirius Starwatcher said:

Don't forget to include in your spreadsheet some time for observing the objects in the sky .... nah!

Archived