Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Great North Sun - 11th Sept 2016

DrRobin

Hi,

As some of you will know Newcastle hosts the The Great North Run today (the biggest half marathon in the world), with some 50,000 runners.  However, what they don't realise is that you can get the Metro from Newcastle to South Shields in about 1/5th the time which leaves more time to solar image, so here is my Great North Sun.

Conditions weren't too good this morning, there was a lot of high cloud but did still manage Ha and CaK before going out for a day's sailing.  I should have had another go this afternoon, it was bright and sunny when I got back, oh well may be next time.

12 pane mosaic, WO Zenithstar 80mm, Quark, 0.5x FR, ASI174mm

Sun-11-9-16-pano-c.jpg

And today wouldn't be complete if I didn't get the big prom

Prom-11-9-16-b.jpg

And in false colour

Prom-11-9-16-c.jpg

There is a small detached prom below the main event.

CaK to follow.

Robin

11 minutes ago, bunnygod1 said:

Very disappointed in you Robin, I thought you were going to say "I ran the great north run and managed a H/A session as well" :icon_biggrin:

Lovely disc and prom close ups.

That would be some feat, but sadly not.  I wouldn't mind trying to image from my racing dinghy sometime if I can locate a decent gyro mount and waterproof laptop.

Time for some CaK

WO Zenithstar 80mm, Lunt CaK module, ASI174mm

AS_p15_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-Kline_110916_081100_c.jpg

The series of sun spots with a Televue 3x barlow

AS_p15_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-Kline_110916_081546_c.jpg

Thanks

Robin

Archived