Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

September 1st - White Light - AR2585 - WOW!!

paulastro

Cor blimey, what a difference a day makes.  AR2585 is now really spectacular, and full of complicated structure and detail.   My picture doesn't do it justice - it's  far better seen at high power visually. 

Single frames taken with the Equinox 80, Lunt H Wedge, and Olympus E-M10 at 100 asa, plus a x2 barlow for the close-up.  Disk taken at 9.26 am on 1/2500 (some cloud) and the close-up at 9.20 am on 1/400.

P9011575a.jpgP9011516d.jpg

4 hours ago, xtreemchaos said:

great shots Paul, yes mate it do, ive eye white out from  looking too much, when i close my eyes i can still see the group in HD :icon_biggrin:. cracking detail. well done, im just off for another look. thanks charl.

Thanks charl, I call that dedication, sacrificing one of your eyes :smile:

3 hours ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Nice captures. I just had a look between clouds and it is really developing nicely, isn't it

Thanks Michael.  It certainly is.  I'll certainly be trying to keep an eye on it, though I'm out all day Friday and Saturday and  it looks like poor weather will thwart me at the start and end of the days.  Still, there's always a chance.  At least I can see other people's images on SGL :biggrin:.

Archived