Hello from Lancashire

luke9857

Hey guys. Got my first telescope two years ago, a 114EQ Astromaster which got me interested in astronomy. Money was tight then as a teenager but since I started working and got some money, I've been upgrading ever since and haven't looked back.

I'm now diving into astrophotography which is making my brain hurt but I'm getting there bit by bit. 

Glad to be here, you seem like a friendly bunch!

38 minutes ago, Dave Lloyd said:

Hi Luke welcome, astrophotography can be a money pit if it runs away with you. Luckily for me I've got a brake (wife).

That's what was putting me off but I've just decided to go and do it. I've spent roughly £1200 so far on two more scopes, mounts, eyepieces etc, but I'm young and single and I believe it's a fantastic hobby along side visual observing which I've found is amazing.

The next part is finding a local club to join.

Hi and welcome to SGL - If you are thinking that DSO imaging is your bag, then get a copy of 'Making Every Photon Count' from the FLO website, book section. It IS the imaging bible... read it once, twice and thrice and by then you'll have a good idea about it all :D 

Look forward to seeing you around :)

2 minutes ago, swag72 said:

Hi and welcome to SGL - If you are thinking that DSO imaging is your bag, then get a copy of 'Making Every Photon Count' from the FLO website, book section. It IS the imaging bible... read it once, twice and thrice and by then you'll have a good idea about it all :D 

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Ordered it yesterday so hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow :headbang:

17 hours ago, luke9857 said:

....................... I'm now diving into astrophotography which is making my brain hurt but I'm getting there bit by bit. ........

Hello, and welcome. Just make sure you're having fun in the hobby, so you don't loose your mojo. :wink:

Hi Luke and welcome to SGL, Sara has already mentioned acquiring a copy of "Making Every Photon Count", this will help guide you along the correct path to Astrophotography. Should definitely help to ease the pressure on your brain, but can sometimes have a habit of emptying your pockets as well, if you let it. Enjoy the forum :) 

On 8/30/2016 at 19:29, luke9857 said:

That's what was putting me off but I've just decided to go and do it. I've spent roughly £1200 so far on two more scopes, mounts, eyepieces etc, but I'm young and single and I believe it's a fantastic hobby along side visual observing which I've found is amazing.

The next part is finding a local club to join.

That's about what I've spent on kit in the last six months.  Welcome to the SGL!  

John

Archived